Affordable, "cheap and cheerful" holiday accommodation in the Lot valley, South-West France.
£700 (€750) per week for up to 14 people in July and August
The Ivy House
Situated in the south of the Parc Natural Régional des Causses du
Quercy, on the edge of a small village, Larnagol, overlooking the
- Ideal for walking, cycling, canoeing, swimming (in the river), fishing
- Conference Centre for small groups (up to 14 people)
- Accommodation in private and shared rooms with large room for activities, (yoga, singing, circle dance, music, meditation, writers and art groups)
- Also available to rent as self-catering holiday accommodation:
- Family house (4-5 people) from £400 per week
- Apartment (2-3 people) from £300 per week
- B & B - £30 per room
Contact: Janie Whyld, Le roc bois, 46160 Larnagol, France
telephone: (00 33) 565 30 24 33
email: janie [at] llun.net
map: The Ivy House on
Or use the form below to send me an email.
The Ivy House is a large, rambling, stone-walled house, rebuilt in the 1970s, with splendid views overlooking the river. It offers simple,
cheap and cheerful self-catering accommodation, ideal for a group of friends who are willing to share facilities. It is centrally heated,
and has a comfy lounge, dining room with open fireplace and large terrace, a small rose garden and a splendid large room with an
open space of 5m x 5m and an excellent acoustic, usable for parties, group meetings, small dances, music practice, yoga, etc. It is
equipped with a music systems, a large collection of vinyl and CDs, and a combi TV for watching films on VHS. There is also a "bring
and borrow" library and free wifi connection.
The building has three separate areas, two of which are self-contained: the "house", the "apartment" and the attic.
- For some pictures of the rooms, please see further down
- the Pink Room - sleeps 2 / 3; double bed & single bed
- the Blue Room - sleeps 2 / 3; two single beds & camp bed
- Shared bathroom with toilet and shower
- Living room and dining room with open fireplace and large terrace
- Kitchen, with fridge/freezer, microwave and cooker
- Splendid large room, with mezzanine sleeping 2/3
- separate toilet, bathroom with shower
- large balcony and "breakfast bar"
- Carpeted dormitory room with beds and mattresses on floor - up to 6 people.
- Share bathroom and loo in Apartment, on floor below, and access to
our solar-heated showers.
B & B, ramblers' dorm.
I really want people who are going to stay for at least two nights, preferably longer, so pricing reflects this: £8 p.p. (dorm) and £15
p.p. (bedroom) per night, plus £10 (each bed) for the first night.
(So, for example, two people sharing a double bed would pay £40
for the first night, but only £30 for each subsequent night.)
Price includes breakfast, (tea, coffee, juice, cereal, bread &
spreads). No service, just help yourself!
- Family house (sleeps 4-5 people): £300 per week.
(High season, mid July & August - £400 for the first week, £300 for
each subsequent week.)
- Apartment (sleeps 2-3 people): £200 per week.
(High season, mid July & August - £250 for the first week, £200 for
each subsequent week.)
- The whole place, including the attic - £700 (€750) per week.
- Package deals also available for groups, minimum 4 people, e.g. 5 days
for £200 per person, including breakfast, evening meal with wine. Transport
to and from airport can be arranged at a moderate price.
Larnagol is on the D662, the road which runs along the north side of
the river Lot, 50km east of Cahors.
- By air:
- to Toulouse, from various regional airports (Bristol, Birmingham,
Manchester, Bradford), then by train to Cahors.
- or to Rodez, from Stanstead with Ryanair (very cheap flights)
- By train to Cahors, on the mainline between Paris and Toulouse, or to Figeac.
A bus between the stations at Cahors and Figeac stops at the church at Larnagol, less than 200m from the house.
Larnagol has one bar open until 8 p.m. during the summer, and a camp site with bar and snacks open to non-campers.
Cajarc, the local small town, has one medium supermarket, two small ones, restaurants, bars, newsagent, tobacconist, garage, etc.
Bars, at Calvignac, 1 mile, and Cénévières, 3 miles, which also has a small shop.
Canoe hire 10k down the valley.
For more about Larnagol, visit http://larnagol.blogspot.com
A few pictures of inside the house: